Let's talk about the weather

Weather is nutty here in the eastern/central part of USA. I live in the edge of Arkansas/Tennessee.

It’s been unseasonably warm this year, there’s rumor about possible snow this weekend but this temperature is supposed to be in the mid to high 40!

Whatever in the air will turn to water before it hits the ground!

There is just something so pretty about snow - pure, clean, magical - especially new, before humans trample all over it! :smile:

How’s the weather in your neck of the world?

Some parts of the UK have had snow today, but we missed it.

Blooming cold though - just above freezing in gorgeous sun today.

Talking about the weather - are you sure you’re not British? :wink::uk:

It’s freezing! I have to peel myself out of bed in the morning like a slice of bacon from an Ernest Shackleton era ration pack.

I was managing fine putting the oven on the evenings to keep warm. However, the gas ran out last Friday evening, leaving me to slowly start layering on more animal skins.

Of course, it’s nice and sunny most of the time. However, sunshine is deceptive. I’m actually dreading having to eventually move somewhere which has real winter with real snow and things. I just can’t deal with it anymore. :frowning:

Biggest problem in winters…

3 to 5 degrees at day time, -2 to -6 degrees at night. No snow thou, only intense foggy weather and clouds…

P.S Gaining weight real fast these days. I am eating like a star-nosed mole these days. :anguished:

Yesterday in Egypt, there was a sandstorm. It was insane! We couldn’t see well due to the dust and the whole city looked yellowish. The wind was also so strong that it lifted people’s furniture on the porch or balcony. I even took some cool photos!

Just so no one gets confused, this is an empty area near our neighborhood where they’re willing to build a big mall there (I guess) it has been like this for years and nobody knows whom it belongs to. It’s not a desert. :joy:

For most of the year, Egypt has been getting really cold in the winter and really hot in the Summer. There is no in-between.

Ops! Attached the same image twice. Here’s the second photo.

Define cold.

Today it’s warm here, and it’s going to be warm tomorrow, too (warm for January, meaning up to 13C). Then it will be back to snowing and freezing. Going to work and getting back isn’t going to be fun.

Just been out to the shops - my car said -3C - brrr. :cold_face:

:confused: ?? Huh?

Me too!!! Just kidding, I have no idea what “Ernest Shackleton” is nor why he had a ration pack. I thought it was rather warm in that part of the world.

That’s :crazy_face: ! I’d be scared to death if I were caught up in a sandstorm like that. Whoa!!

That’s warmer than my neck of the woods! I bet Ms. @glacierlily has got the :cold_face: here!

Talking about the weather is virtually all we Brits do! :slightly_smiling_face:

Ahhhh!

I had no idea! Well, it’s just that I am taking some much needed R&R next week and the weather is going to be rather yucky. I was hoping for some sunshine (cold but sunny) so I can show off my new winter outfits that I spend a fortune buying. It looks like I’m going to be stuck indoors with rain. :disappointed_relieved:

Yep, after enjoying temps in the low to mid-40s F (7C) :beach_umbrella:
until the last 10 days where the temps have been in the mid-20s (-7C). :cold_face:

Today we got our first significant snow, :snowflake: so it looks like winter has arrived, long overdue because often it is here by the end of October. It is supposed to snow through Sunday. :disappointed_relieved:

Is there dirt everywhere now? Like in your house and such?

We keep the temp in our house at 62F (17C) at night and sleep under a wonderful warm comforter. The thermostat turns the furnace on and the house heats up to 71F (21C) just before we get up. However, if I need to get up and use the facilities in the night I think I do as you described. :crazy_face:

I have to get out to run errands tomorrow. The forecast is 37F (3C) so we are a bit warmer.