My Peaches Brings All The Boys to The Yard 🍑

This annoyed the hell out of me yesterday. I didn’t expect to click a link to find out more and immediately get taken to a ‘complete your purchase’ page. How that is even legal or fitting with that forum (or platform) TOS is beyond me. Fine. Advertise your app or whatever it is, but don’t catapult people to a shopping cart instead of an actual gig or product information page.

Needless to say, I won’t be buying. :slight_smile:

Oh God, has he already got another one up? Tsk. Besides, if his things are so wonderful why not pitch them to corp and get $$$$ or something? Or at least a muted blog kudos with some word soup about community.

EDIT: same one. So that other poster is another elder, while he basically commentspammed it to the top again for a buyer of his thing. Classic MEKSELL behavior. (edit OK I looked a bit closer but still)

I have a feeling they might kill the forum off altogether. If you think about it, it doesn’t look good to IPO investors. - i.e. Seeing that the users of the platform you are thinking of investing in seem to just wail ’how do I mek sell’ and ‘help I was banned’ every day. It makes the whole brand look a bit silly. In fact, that might be why UpWork, PPH et al don’t have public forums. :thinking::thinking:

Or even 20 posts of TODAY I MAKE MY FIRST SELL MUST PRAY FOR ME

I’m sure I saw a post earlier today ordering people to pray for them. I laughed. I didn’t read it, obviously. But yes, what a turn off. If I was a prospective buyer looking for a service and I chanced upon the forum in preliminary research, I’d be crossing that platform off my list tout de suite. I’d also be very snobby about the cheap prices too, but that’s another story lol.

BTW Upwork does have a forum! It’s a lot more tightly moderated, though the same complaints exist with some variants for platform differences/difficulties. Not sure about PPH. Thought about setting up shop there again but… meh. I only have enough time for one platform to ruin my life, feelin’ my buzz?

Which one is that? Must have missed it - unless you mean that bloke yesterday who was ranting about not getting a response? Also, what happened to the People’s Pro?

Unsure of name policy, but probably best to delete shortly :wink:

I did miss that one! I’m surprised nobody asked him why he didn’t do his due diligence before etc etc etc.

The emoji is self-explanatory. Hello miss :peach: !

@glacierlily clearly - it was not me or @razvan that started the emoji thing, but N. Now when I remembered. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nice is my sexy name :sunglasses: Wait, that sounded better in my head :thinking: #MeLame

Well, hello there Miss Peach & Ms. Weeyin. You two snuck in when I wasn’t watching. :slight_smile:

Welcome!

Oh yeah! It’s beginning to look like a real forum! :smile:

To answer a few questions from above,

• Yes, you can mention names, as long as you’re not name calling, ex. “Jimbob is a dirtbag.”

• Swearing, :thinking: in a fun joking way is okay but in a nasty way. Not! What I mean by that is for ex: “Lol, the f…ing economy, you can p…s off, What a sh…head”

Let’s just have fun, btw Miss P, you’ve never been mean or nasty so I’m sure your type of fun will be good here. Just remember PG 13.

You and Croftgirl both made a heck of a entry!

Yay, fun not-swearing is OK!

Thank you for the welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

The Lady of the hour… GINA!:kissing_heart::rose::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart::hugs: :heart::sparkling_heart: It’s funny the max emoji’s over at the other place is like 5 or something.

So, I’m splurgin’, k? :upside_down_face:

HAHAHAHAHAHA, red carpet dahling. Thank you for the warm welcome. I feel all fuzzy inside~n~stuff. :smiley:

As for @CroftGirl, uh huh. Hey, Girl! :kissing_heart:

How is Uni coming along? My semester starts in a few days wahhhhhhh!
My textbooks :books: are en route!

Hey, Handsome Freakster! :upside_down_face:

Grr! You always know it’s me. Can’t be incog with you. :smile:

You’re still the OG, poodle! It’s funny I googled cute poodle and this pic came up.

Peter Piper?! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m not really surprised.

IKR ~ The same old crap day after day. Oh, and before I forget, I watched a video of you a long time ago at a meetup somewhere. Was it Madagascar? Narnia? :smile:

Anyway, you were sippin’ on something. I was yelling at my :desktop_computer: like “Yo, that’s :gem:” in the flesh. I thought it was coolio. Looks like you were having a good time. :balloon::cocktail:

Say what?! :astonished: That linkage is still up? I remember clicking on it a few months ago and was like what the…? Tsk, tsk, tsk. Needless to say, I was very annoyed. If one of the other commoners did that they’d get a boot :hiking_boot: or a heel :high_heel: somewhere.

I know it’s the new year and everybody prolly made a lose weight resolution.

But fudge it…

Eat a cupcake 'cause seeing us back together is just awesome. :wine_glass::cocktail::tropical_drink::beer::beers::cup_with_straw::tumbler_glass::clinking_glasses:

Do you know what this feels like? One BIG flippin’ happy reunion. :tada: :fireworks::sparkler: :confetti_ball:

This sleepy Kitty is off to dreamland. :sleeping: :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Woah, I didn’t know you had it in you :sweat_smile:

Can I try? Can I try? :grin: #kidding

Clearly, @RegiAdd has been kidnapped and replaced. The real version wouldn’t be able to process such gaudy language without setting on fire. - It’s just not in her natutrre. :slight_smile: