Another awesome tip for Buyer from a Buyer!!
So, Fiverr is now displaying reviews on the Buyer’s profile left by the seller - or at least it appears to for the last 30 days or so. On my profile, it only shows the last two - which makes it look like I’ve only purchased two gigs since signing up over two years ago!
Seller’s have been asking for this for a very long time! Well, they got their wish.
At first, I wasn’t too happy, since now who I purchased from will be neatly displayed on my profile, taking away any semblance of privacy! Now, I am thrilled!!!
. . . It can and will save us, buyers, $$$$ - if you do a little research!
As I was grumbling and rummaging through my long time sellers and other popular seller’s profiles; I realized I can also see their reviews as sellers & buyers.
Some of the Top Rated Sellers and highly successful Level 2 Sellers are nothing but ** RESELLERS **! Yes, you heard me correct! It started with one TRS that had several glowing reviews from someone he bought from, so I checked it out. This is what I found:
- They both offered the same gig.
- The TRS is from the USA, selling for to $35 to $95
- The Level 2 is from Asia, selling the same thing for $5 to $15
So, before you pay top dollars or $95 in this case,
Scan through the reviews left by his seller. Ignore the reviews left by buyers (it’ll all be 5 stars & useless information).
Check out who he/she is buying from, are they selling the same gig, did he buy multiple gigs from them? Why pay $95 when you can pay as little as $5 to $15 for the exact same thing?
There are more resellers on Fiverr than you may think. You may even be surprised to find out that your TRS is just a reseller charging you more. Do some research and save yourself some money.
I guess Fiverr doesn’t do much research before initiating a new feature. Let’s be real, if we buyers save money, then Fiverr & the Reseller is losing money at the same time.
- I buy from Reseller a $100 gig + $5 transaction fee = $25 to Fiverr
- Reseller buys from seller2 a $10 gig + $2 transaction fee = $4 to Fiverr
- Total made by Fiverr = $29.00
- I go straight to seller2 and buy the $10 gig + $2 transaction fee = $4 to Fiverr
- Fiverr loses $25 !!!
- Buyer saved $93.00
- Unfortunately, the Reseller loses out too: $68 (their $80 profit - $12 reseller fee)
Buyer’s Review being Displayed is a Reseller’s Nightmare!!