Urgh - My Dreams are Becoming Insane

None of us are awake, sorry. There are too many tells. Usually when you have a lucid dream, you realize you are dreaming because something stands out as far too illogical. The ‘real’ world has too many of the same tells scattered everywhere.

The setting is just silly. There’s a giant sphere in the sky with a face on it which never turns round and occasionally eclipses the sun because its coincidentally the same size.

If you float a needle on a leaf in a cup of water or whip out a compass, you will always find it points in the same direction, even on the furthest reaches of the Southern Hemisphere. It’s almost like a message saying ‘exit this way,’ yet no one ever starts walking.

Then you have time. Clocks have 12 hours because the 24-hour day is a throwback to when the Babylonians used a hexadecimal mathematical model to explain the universe. The highest number was six. There was no zero. Every day had 24 hours, every month 30-days, every year, 360 days in total. The same math is replicated in every thing around us, basically screaming design/artificiality. All that scuppers that is the fact that someone one day decided to add another 5 days and a quarter to the system, without really explaining why.

Of course, no no one thinks about the obvious tells because there is literally always a theater going on in the background. Politics, wacky science, strange social arguments, financial sillyness. Once you extract yourself from it though, you see that people for the most part are completely unaware of anything around them.

I live by the sea. Everyone can tell me why x country should go to war with x country, how long it takes to get to the moon, and what they just read about quantum string theory on the screen in their hand. No one, though, can tell me why the sea is salty or how the tide works.

I’ve came to the logical conclusion that reality is nothing more than a dream. Other inhabitants are either also dreaming or the equivalent of chatbots.

I see dreams as more of a play area. A bit like recess at school. You are in a pocket of a different reality, however, you can never go further than the edge of the school yard. The people in them are for the most part just constructs you create. However, there are things in the reality we live in and the next, which can cross the boundaries of the schoolyard whenever they like.

The most well-known manifestation of these things are shadow people / djin. When they enter your dreams, they can take on the appearance of anyone or thing and communicate directly with you. In this case, they are real. However, they’re not good things to have around and that’s a whole other topic.

I wouldn’t see her again. I felt quite intensely emotional after I had that dream (which was like 2008-ish). However, now it would be wierd. As for staying in a dream world, no. If you had that choice, what’s to say that you wouldn’t make the move, but then forget (like you did here) and just start living another dreary hum-drum life, despite the wacky surrounds?

I and Chico are equals, regardless of the reality. :wink: It’s also our anniversary today!

I like to think that I am as awake as it is possible to be under the present circumstaces. :slight_smile:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and chico. :heart_eyes::star2::cake:

How are you guys gonna celebrate it?

AWW! Happy anniversary to you and Chico!

Sort of, yes. On IMDb, they labeled it as drama, fantasy, mystery. Unfortunately, they stopped it after the first season. Boo!

It’s about a detective (played by Jason Isaacs, as brilliant as ever). He’s got a wife and a son, and they all end up in a car crash. The cop survives, but did his wife also survive, or his son? You see, he lives a life where his wife survived, falls asleep, and wakes (if he wakes) in the life where his son survived. Falls asleep again, wakes in the life where his wife survived. And so on. Which world/life is real? How does he choose, and does he even want to? And what the heck is going on?

@cyaxrex, happy anniversary to you and Chico!

Holy moly. The one google showed me on IMDb it says something else.

ok nvm this one’s a movie. yours is series. I will definitely watch it.

Whoa! :upside_down_face: Talk about :crazy_face: ! That would drive me insane.

Would I choose my husband or my child? :thinking: :crying_cat_face:

Oh, oh, I saw that one! It was really crazy, psycho and good! :scream_cat:

May be none. :grin:

Back to be a bachelor again. Wow that would be fun, like rewinding time you know.

Thank you! Sadly, we’re not celebrating. Chico is just being lazy and I’m working. - Or should be :slight_smile:

That’s a good way to celebrate. :smile:

Now that sounds familiar (what are you doing for birthday? Err, working).

Here’s the IMDb link of “Awake”: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839683/

I really like Jason Isaacs. He was the only thing that made Star Trek Discovery bearable.

I think there is a similar movie with Julian Moore? She has flashes of memory of her son and family. However, none of it is real… Until, she starts tearing the wallpaper off one of her walls and finds the wallpaper from her sons bedroom underneath. I can never remember the name of that movie but I would like to see it.

There is also a good book by Iain Banks called Transitions. It’s not about dreams per-se, but people who have the ability to switch through several different realities by taking little pills. Some get confused along the way and go a little mental. Are they really on a mission from a different reality? Or are they just junkies? Or both?

Could it be this one?

That sounds about right! I’ve never seen it the whole way through. In this case, I might watch it tomorrow if I get chance. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Ahh! That movie drove me nuts.

I still can’t remember the ending - it’s like I was waiting for something to happen, anything but at the end I was scratching my head going, “What in the name of JMJ happened?”

Thinking about it makes me want to